Uncover some of Japan’s most sacred shrines, sights and temples on a 9 day Impressions of Japan tour.
Your first taste of Japan comes courtesy of Osaka, a contemporary port city where you’ll have the opportunity to explore at your leisure. There is also a day trip to Kyoto and Nara. On this excursion, expect to be impressed at the sight of Nijo Castle and have a wildlife encounter with the free-roaming deer that call Nara Park home. Head to Nagoya to discover the city’s traditional-style Japanese castle and then make for the landscape surrounding Mt. Fuji to admire its cluster of shrines, natural beauty and snow-fed water springs.
Be swept up in the energy of Tokyo and its brightly-lit streets and crossings, diverse districts, vibrant culture and lip-smacking cuisine. Time your visit to Japan to coincide with cherry blossom season (dates still available!) to be treated with streets lined with pastel pink- and white-tinged blooms – a truly spectacular sight!
Day 1: New Zealand – – Osaka
Make your way to the airport and board your Osaka-bound flight.
Please note that some flights may depart one day later.
Day 2: Osaka
Arrive in Osaka today and be met upon arrival by your tour representative. You will be transferred from the airport to the hotel.
Day 3: Osaka – Kyoto – Nara – Osaka (B)
Travel to Kyoto this morning and visit Fushimi Inari-taisha, a shrine dedicated to the god Inari, and Nijo Castle. Also on today’s sightseeing itinerary is Todai-ji where you can admire its Great Buddha Hall. Before heading back to Osaka, take a leisurely stroll through Nara Park and say hello to its resident herd of free-roaming deer.
Day 4: Osaka (B)
Explore Osaka however you fancy today.
Optional: Osaka Day tour. Additional cost applies.
Optional: Universal Studios Osaka. Additional cost applies.
Day 5: Osaka – Nagoya (B)
Journey to Nagoya, a city located two hours’ drive away from Osaka. Take in Inuyama Castle, which overlooks the tranquil Kiso River and is one of only 12 original Japanese castles still remaining. It is then onto Atsuta Shrine and the Osu Kannon shopping quarter. Check in to the hotel this evening.
Day 6: Nagoya – Mt. Fuji – Tokyo (B)
Head to Oshino Hakkai today. This small village sits near the foothills of Mt. Fuji and is a favourite of tourists who come to see its set of 8 pools that are fed by filtered water from melted snow. The clear waters are highly revered by locals. Continue to Hakone Shrine, a Shinto shrine perched on the banks of Lake Ashi. Stop at Owakudani, a volcanic valley, before making for Tokyo.
Day 7: Tokyo (B)
The entire day is free time for you to explore Tokyo.
Optional: Tokyo Day tour. Additional cost applies.
Optional: Tokyo Disneyland. Additional cost applies.
Optional: Tokyo DisneySea. Additional cost applies.
Day 8: Tokyo – New Zealand (B)
A transfer will take you to the airport and you will board a return flight to New Zealand.
Day 9: New Zealand
Arrive home today.
- Return international flights, plus all airport transfers
- 6 nights’ twin share accommodation
- Delicious daily breakfast
- Free time to explore Osaka and Tokyo
- Dedicated air-conditioned transportation with English-speaking tour guides throughout
- All entrance fees, tipping and gratuities as per the itinerary
- Enjoy free time to discover Osaka at your own pace
- Visit the Great Eastern Temple in Nara with its Great Buddha Hall – the world’s largest wooden building
- Feed the gentle sika deer at Nara Park
- Visit Nagoya’s Inuyama Castle
- Explore Osu Shopping Street’s 1200 shops and restaurants
- Drink from clear springs at the foothills of Mount Fuji
- Immerse yourself in vibrant Tokyo
How to book:
- Within 72 hours of completing your booking request online you will receive an email from our Travel Partner which will include a link to complete their mandatory booking form
- The booking form must be completed as per passport details to secure your requested travel date
- If your requested date of departure is not available, the tour supplier will contact you directly
- Completion of this booking form will allow the tour supplier to secure air tickets and tour components
- Voucher valid for 1 person(must purchase 2 vouchers)
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Your tour is subject to availability at the time of your booking. We advise you to book early to avoid disappointment.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Expenses
- Anything not mentioned or ‘optional’ in the itinerary
Documentation will be provided after final payment is complete and within 7 to 14 days of travel, including E-Ticket instructions, hotel confirmation, itinerary extension & optional tour confirmation (where applicable) and destination travel tips.
$990 per person in addition to the twin share price. Payable direct at the time of booking to Travel Partner.
Group Size: 30 – 40
Triple Share: Not available
The accommodation listed below may be subject to change but will remain of a similar or higher standard. Any changes remain beyond our control and all efforts are made to communicate these as soon as possible. Double-bedded rooms may be requested but are never guaranteed. We endeavour to always book non-smoking rooms however these cannot be guaranteed. Hotel locations can be within or outside itinerary cities.
Osaka airport – Izumisano Center Hotel or similar
Osaka – Osaka Castle Hotel or similar
Nagoya – Loisir Hotel Toyohashi or similar
Tokyo – Hotel Sunroute Ariake or similar
Please note all accommodation is based on the local ratings and that hotel rooms in Japan are smaller in sizes compare to other countries.
- Osaka Day tour – $275 per person
- Universal Studios Osaka – $138 per person
- Tokyo Day tour – $275 per person
- Tokyo Disneyland Day Ticket – $132 per person
- Tokyo DisneySea Day Ticket – $132 per person
Prices are in New Zealand dollars, however, all optional tours are payable directly upon booking with our Travel Partner in Australian dollars. You will be contacted after submitting your booking form to book any optional tours. Please note, transportation is not included for all optional programs. Travellers will be required to make their own way to the optional program venue. Optional programs are subject to availability, must require a minimum of at least 2 people to run and must be booked at least 2 months prior to departure.
Coach transportation: Where group sizes are not sufficient to use a full-sized coach, we reserve the right to use a smaller coach on the same level of comfort.
Itinerary: Please note, tour itinerary is subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, traffic condition and other unforeseen occurrences.
Child Price: Same price as an adult – Minimum age 2 years. Infant price is $385 per person, payable direct to our Travel Partners.
Travel Insurance: Help cover yourself for the unexpected with Webjet Travel Insurance, we highly recommend it. Click here for a quote
*Autumn peak season surcharge of $330 per person applies.
**School Holidays peak season surcharge of $440 per person applies.
***Cherry Blossom peak season surcharge of $550 per person applies.
^Please note: Cherry Blossom is highly seasonal and subject to climate conditions. These are historically the best times to view the blooms, but we can’t guarantee they will flower on these dates. Please refer to historical bloom dates here: http://www.jnto.go.jp/sakura/eng/index.php
#The end of October through to early November is the best time to see Crimson Leaves in Autumn. Koyo/Maple season is seasonal and subject to climate conditions. These are historically the best times to view change in colours, but we can’t guarantee autumn foliage.
Availability on departure dates listed in Fine Print is subject to change. True availability is shown on the availability calendar after clicking on the ‘BOOK NOW’ button.
Bookings not accepted when within 65 days of departure.
- Return economy flights departing Auckland with full service Chinese carrier, China Southern, China Eastern, Air China, China Airlines or other Asian carriers
- Including maximum 20kg of checked baggage per passenger (actual limit is subject to airline)
- One return flight is supplied per voucher
- Names cannot be changed once flights have been booked
- The airfare remains non-refundable at all times
- Note that the total length of the package includes time spent in-flight as specified in the itinerary
- Some flights may depart a day before/after, involve up to 2 transits, stopover or a substitute airline. These changes are beyond our control and will be confirmed upon booking
- Once your flights are confirmed and ticketed, flights are non-refundable and non-changeable. Full names (First, Middle & Surname) as per passport must be provided for ticketing
- Please note, flight itineraries will not be provided until 1-2 weeks before departure
Arriving early/Extending your trip:
- From $275 per person (subject to availability and applicable fare difference). If you wish to alter or extend your trip, please purchase your voucher first and submit a request on your booking form. We will then provide quotations for any alternations or extensions. Should you wish to proceed any additional charges will be collected. Please note, if you have selected a breakaway, airport transfers (if applicable) will not be provided.